At Ashford Borough Citizens Advice we help people to resolve their problems. We are equipped to deal with any issue, from anyone, spanning debt and employment to consumer and housing plus everything in between. We have offices in Ashford and Tenterden and also offer telephone advice and email advice services. We currently employ ten staff and thirty nine volunteers.
Aims & Principles of Ashford Borough Citizens Advice and adviceUK
Ashford Borough Citizens Advice provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our service aims:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
The Trustee Board
Ashford Borough Citizens Advice is an independent Charity. We are governed by our own Board of Trustees, which is ultimately responsible for the quality and range of the service. Day-to-day control is delegated to the Manager. Our Trustees:
- Set the overall direction and support development
- Ensure we meet the needs of the local community and our membership standards
- Monitor our finances
- Earn and retain the respect of important and influential people and organisations in the community, including funding bodies
- Ensure we comply with relevant laws
Ashford Borough Citizens Advice is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 617494 Firm Name: Ashford Borough Citizens Advice.
A copy of our Complaints Procedure leaflet is available on request. Please email email@example.com
How we can help
- Our advisers can help you resolve your issues
- We explain your options and the possible outcomes of different courses of action. We don’t tell you what to do – we encourage you to make your own decisions and act on your own behalf. We aim to help you manage your own problems by identifying options for you.
- You can get advice by telephone, email or face to face.
Telephone Advice Line
- Telephone 01233 626185 in the first instance. If an adviser is unable to take your call we will take a message and get back to you as soon as we can.
- You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Face to Face
- Details of our office opening hours are found within the ‘How to Find Us’ tab
Thank you for your support
- The Diana Seabrooke Trust
- Graham and Judith Silcock, for your generous donation, which has helped fund the development of this website
- Peter Wood, former leader of Ashford Borough Council. Peter was of great support to Ashford Borough Citizens Advice. Monies donated in his memory have helped fund the development of this website and the services we provide. Peter once said:
“If Ashford Borough Citizens Advice did not exist, the Council would have to invent it”.