We are always interested in discussing the opportunities for volunteers within Ashford Borough Citizens Advice.
Without our trained volunteer advisers we could not continue to meet the demand for advice. Our generalist advice service looks at a client’s situation holistically as opposed to looking at their problems in isolation from one another. Advisers are given free training, both formal and on-the-job. As an Ashford Borough Citizens Advice adviser you might:
- interview clients
- help them negotiate with people such as creditors or service providers
- draft letters
- make phone calls on their behalf
- refer them to other agencies
- represent them in court and at tribunals.
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to train for the role. You need to:
- be good at listening
- have a good manner when talking to people
- have basic computing skills
- be open minded and non-judgmental
- enjoy helping people.
If you are interested in discussing volunteering in Ashford or Tenterden please contact us.