The benefits system can be difficult to understand, especially as Welfare Reform has recently brought many changes.
Our experienced advisers can help you to find out what benefits you may be entitled to – based on your individual circumstances. We can also assist you with applying for benefits.
Problems with benefits ?
Sometimes things don’t always run smoothly with benefits and you may need support to put things right. We can offer advice and practical support for the following:
- Challenging benefit and tax credit decisions
- Mandatory reconsiderations and appeals
- Appealing overpayment decisions
- Making a complaint about the service you have received from a benefits agency
- Benefit fraud – what you can do if you are suspected of fraud
What to bring to your meeting
To help our advisors give you the best possible guidance please ensure you bring the following to your meeting:
- All letters from the Department for Work and Pensions
- Any decision letters that you have received
- Your latest Bank Statement
- Proof of your income: benefit/tax credit/wage slips
- Your Tenancy Agreement or Mortgage details
Most of these issues have strict time limits so it is very important to seek advice at the earliest opportunity. The earlier you contact us, the more likely we are to be able to help you.
How to contact us
If you would like more information or advice please contact us by: