Video Guides How to Claim Benefits

The guides on this page show you how to claim Personal Independence payments (PIP),, Universal Credit (UC), Carers Allowance, and Attendance Allowance(AA). There is also a guide on how to check you maternity pay or benefits and how to check your state pension.

Please note that these videos are provided by external sources, and although Ashford Borough Citizens Advice have checked their content, they are provided for you convenience: we accept no responsibility for any errors omissions or inaccuracies

You could get between £23.20 and £148.85 a week if you’re aged 16 or over and have not reached State Pension age.
The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.
You’ll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get. Your rate will be regularly reviewed to make sure you’re getting the right support.
PIP.What happens at my face to face assessment

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly –
You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work.
If you already get benefits
Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:
Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit
If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.

You could get £66.15 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.
You do not have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.
You do not get paid extra if you care for more than one person.
How to calculate Maternity benefits
How to check your state pension