Problems which may need immigration or nationality advice

Examples of problems that you may need advice on are:-

  • getting permission to stay in the UK longer than you originally intended
  • getting permission to do something which you are not at present allowed to do, for example, being allowed to work
  • bringing relatives into the country, for example, a spouse, fiancé(e), children
  • being threatened with deportation from the UK
  • being held by the immigration authorities in a detention centre
  • wanting a passport and not knowing whether you are entitled to a British passport or some other passport
  • wanting to apply to become a British Citizen
  • if you are already living in the UK but wanting to travel (for example, for a holiday), whether you will be allowed back into the UK
  • whether you are entitled to use state services or claim benefits, for example, education, health services, council housing, social security benefits, housing benefits, Council Tax Reduction
  • the right to vote
  • a relative or friend being refused entry to the UK when arriving at an airport or port.

What to bring to your meeting

To help our advisors give you the best possible guidance please ensure you bring the following to your meeting:

  • All letters received from the Home Office
  • Your Passport/Visas/Permits
  • Proof of your Income
  • Wage slips/benefit/tax credit details

How to contact us

If you would like more information or advice please contact us by: